Australian Competition and Consumer Commission reported (03-Jun-2019) Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic applied for authorisation to enable them to cooperate in relation to services between Australia and the UK and Ireland via mutual mid-points in Hong Kong and Los Angeles, and any future mutual connection points (the UK/Ireland route) with arrangements to be formalised in a formal cooperation agreement if authorisation is granted. Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic are also seeking interim authorisation to give effect to the full range of conduct for which authorisation is sought.
- The authorisation is seeking permission for joint pricing, inventory management, scheduling coordination, network planning and marketing on services on the UK/Ireland route;
- Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic also propose to cooperate in relation to product alignment, airport operations, joint procurement and tenders for corporate contracts.
The ACCC invites submissions from interested parties on the application, with a 21-Jun-2019 deadline. Submissions addressing Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic’s request for authorisation should be provided by 28-Jun-2019.
More Like this
- Virgin Australia and Virgin Atlantic apply to cooperate between Australia and the UK/IrelandJune 10, 2019
- ACCC grants interim authorisation for Virgin Australia-Virgin Atlantic cooperationJuly 5, 2019
- ACCC issues draft determination to authorise Virgin cooperation that will allow Virgin Australia to more closely cooperate with Virgin AtlanticSeptember 17, 2019
- Virgin Atlantic becomes aggressive on Kangaroo route using Virgin Australia codeshareSeptember 5, 2018
- Jetstar handles nearly one million travellers between Australia and Bali in 2018March 19, 2019
- Virgin Atlantic Airways to offer Australia services through Virgin Australia codeshareMarch 13, 2018
- Virgin Australia lobbies against extension of Qantas and Air Niugini Brisbane-Port Moresby codeshareMarch 9, 2018
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo appoints account manager for MelbourneAugust 10, 2017
- Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia announce new codeshare partnershipDecember 28, 2017
- French Polynesia approves Air France, Virgin Atlantic codeshare between Papeete and LondonMay 17, 2019
- Hong Kong Airlines set to return to London with stronger platform and A350 fleetJuly 2, 2017
- Virgin Australia and Air Canada to codeshare from 01-Jun-2017May 29, 2017