Willie Walsh’s focused and strategic management style has served him well at the helm of Aer Lingus, British Airways and IAG, of which he was the lead architect. In both 2015 and 2016, IAG achieved a return on invested capital above its estimated cost of capital, giving it the rare distinction among European legacy airline groups of creating economic value for investors.
Last night the Irishman was recognised for his efforts and presented with the CAPA Legend Award at a gala dinner at the CAPA-ACTE Global Summit in London. The occasional award is given to individuals who have stood out as making a substantial long term difference to the industry in which they work.
The Blue Swan Daily grabbed Willie after the presentation for a few words…
Willie Walsh (IAG) receives the CAPA Legend Award from CAPA on Vimeo.
More Like this
- The future of alliances and partnerships – We speak to the industry!October 19, 2017
- Low Cost Long Haul – Will it work? We speak to the industry!October 18, 2017
- LEVEL set to have senior management structure in place by year-end as IAG looks to build on its successful launchOctober 31, 2017
- Video of the week – Consolidation and change in the aviation sector: will economic forces and pressures drive changes in aviation policy?February 26, 2020
- Low Cost Long Haul – Will it work? We speak to the industry! Volume 2December 4, 2017
- Cost reduction remains a key priority through IAG airline portfolioJuly 14, 2017
- Google remains a big threat to airlines, but AI delivers a great opportunity if airlines can utilise it correctlyOctober 24, 2017
- Video of the week – The most significant industry change in the past two decades has been the consumerJune 5, 2019
- Video insights from the CAPA Asia Aviation Summit – Part 2November 29, 2018
- Video insights from the CAPA Asia Aviation Summit – Part 1November 22, 2018
- Video of the week – Working with unions to achieve optimal outcomesJuly 24, 2019
- Video of the week – Airline boardroom thinking into how airlines can prepare for the new environment?May 6, 2020