OpenJaw Technologies CCO Bryan Porter believes the most significant change in the industry in the past two decades has been the customer. Customer expectations have changed significantly and he believes it is now not a question of whether to invest in new technology but how much and how we use the investment to achieve the maximum return in terms of value proposition taken to the consumer.
In an exclusive interview at the recent CAPA – Centre for Aviation Airline Leader Summit: Making Money 2019, he discussed how the company is building partnerships with airlines to support their retail strategies by using more readily available big data and technology and highlighted how airline structures are beginning to evolve to meet changing customer expectations.
More Like this
- Video of the week – Innovation in generating ancillary revenuesJuly 31, 2019
- Video of the week – Blockchain: what it is and why it matters!September 11, 2019
- Video of the week – Working with unions to achieve optimal outcomesJuly 24, 2019
- Video of the week – Understanding aviation and making money: industry perspectivesMay 22, 2019
- Video of the week – With Google and Amazon hovering, can airlines parallel the tech titans in customer interactions?May 1, 2019
- Video of the week – Expedia’s supplier engagement includes real-time benchmarking dataMay 8, 2019
- Video of the week – The aeropolitical and regulatory landscape: industry perspectivesMarch 6, 2019
- Video of the week – NDC and fares distribution: empowering agentsAugust 28, 2019
- Video of the week – Creating new interfaces between large aviation organisations and the growing global travel technology sceneJanuary 30, 2019
- Video of the week – What is the outlook for Australia and New Zealand aviation for the medium term and what new dynamics will shape?August 14, 2019
- Video of the week – Drones: adapting to a world of UAVs, what’s next?September 4, 2019
- Video of the week – Using technology to pre-empt safety issues, minimise on ground time and improve the passenger experienceJune 12, 2019