Dubai Airports CEO Paul Griffiths believes short haul transport could change as new technologies are introduced, but notes that where such technologies are already available, consumers have shown a reluctance to embrace them.
While this resistance is more about the resistance to change than the resistance to technology, it highlights that education and a mindset shift will be required to break away from the ‘we have always done it that way’ mentality.
And technology shouldn’t be about replacing the human touch and instead should be used to ultimately enable airport staff to deliver a better customer experience.
HEAR MORE… Paul Griffiths, CEO, Dubai Airports shared his future vision of the industry in an exclusive CAPA TV interview recorded on the sidelines of the CAPA Middle East & Africa Aviation Summit in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) at the end of Apr-2019.
More Like this
- Video of the week – Understanding aviation in the Middle East and Africa: industry perspectivesMay 15, 2019
- Video of the week – Airlines and airports share insights on the industry’s major talking pointsMay 29, 2019
- The vanishing airport interior – Dubai Airport CEO aiming to get rid of check-in desks; the thin end of the wedge?May 10, 2019
- The lasting impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic will ‘reshape the air transport industry dramatically’ and has left governments in a ‘completely powerless position’ to make the right recovery determinationsJuly 3, 2020
- Video of the Week – Emirates prepares to debut second daily Stansted frequency; London airport is one of its fastest growing marketsJune 19, 2019
- Airlines should be differentiated by product, not cost, we need ‘more connectivity, not more airlines’ in Africa and SAATM is “the light at the end of the tunnel” for the Continent – insights from the CAPA Middle East & Africa Aviation SummitMay 1, 2019
- flydubai benefits from visa reform, driving rapid inbound and outbound growth for DubaiMay 16, 2019
- BLOG: Live from Dubai – insights from the CAPA Middle East & Africa Aviation SummitApril 30, 2019
- The impact innovation could have on the future travellerMarch 29, 2019
- Lessons to be shared and learnt – developing a new sustainable template for air travel across the Middle East and AfricaApril 12, 2019
- Distribution and selling challenges in the Middle East and Africa: NDC to the rescue?March 15, 2019
- Dubai Airports is reviewing its long term master plan, but is it heading up the creek?September 10, 2019