The latest decade has been one of relative stability for the aviation industry, but the tide has almost certainly now turned, and it is certainly not for the better. A rise in fuel costs, increased global trade restrictions, political uncertainty and the potential for excess capacity have been among the biggest influencing factors from the past 18 months. But, what can we expect for the year ahead? What are the risks and opportunities in 2019?
CAPA – Centre for Aviation attempted to address those questions with its World Aviation Outlook Summit, which had more than nine hours of agenda content designed to provide a market outlook for 2019 and review the commercial and operational pillars that will drive global airline strategic decision-making.
Here, in part two of our video review of the event, we highlight presentations on the future development of the industry and also showcase the market views from the keynote sessions with airline leaders at Lufthansa, Air Malta and Wizz Air.
The global macroeconomic outlook and implications for airline profitability – IATA, chief economist, Brian Pearce
Boeing Commercial Market Outlook – Boeing Commercial Airplanes, director, market forecasting, Wendy Sowers
Airbus Global Market Forecast – Airbus, SVP business analysis & market forecast, Bob Lange
Air travel: an engine of globalisation – Deutsche Lufthansa AG, chairman & CEO, Carsten Spohr
The future of flying: what’s next for air travel – Wizz Air, CEO, Jozsef Varadi
In conversation… Air Malta chairman Dr Charles Mangion
More Like this
- Video insights from the CAPA World Aviation Outlook Summit – Part 1December 13, 2018
- Travelport boasts the first IATA NDC Level 3 certificationDecember 20, 2017
- Passenger traffic is expected to double by 2036 says IATAOctober 25, 2017
- Air Passengers seek more technology to give them more control over their travel experienceOctober 26, 2017
- Video insights from the inaugural CAPA Low Cost Long Haul Global Summit – Part 1October 15, 2018
- Video insights from the inaugural Low Cost Long Haul Global Summit – Part 2October 16, 2018
- Highlight reel: CAPA Latin America Aviation Summit in CartagenaSeptember 14, 2017
- Video insights from the CAPA Asia Aviation Summit – Part 1November 22, 2018
- Video insights from the CAPA Asia Aviation Summit – Part 2November 29, 2018
- CAPA WORLD SUMMIT: Jozsef Varadi named Airline Executive of the YearNovember 30, 2018
- Google remains a big threat to airlines, but AI delivers a great opportunity if airlines can utilise it correctlyOctober 24, 2017
- The future of alliances and partnerships – We speak to the industry!October 19, 2017