Tourism WA (TWA) outlined (Jan-2018) details of its business promotion campaign with Ctrip.
- Campaign objectives:
- Increase destination awareness of WA’s products and stimulate travel demand to key West Australian regions among Free Independent Travellers (FITs) in China;
- Encourage and assist WA industry operators to work in conjunction with key distribution partners in China to promote their products and experiences on Ctrip;
- Leverage partnership opportunities available through Ctrip in order to drive overnight bookings to WA industry operators;
- Support and generate ticket sales to Perth on China Southern Airlines.
- Target audience:
- Free Independent Travellers from first tier cities in China (Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai) and second tier cities (Hangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu, Chonqqing, Shenzhen, Qingdao, Changsha);
- Affluent couples between 30 to 49 years of age and who travel overseas at least once or twice a year, and have had long-haul travel experiences in the past two years;
- Repeat visitors to Australia and potential first time travellers to Australia;
- Adventure seekers, younger generation travellers who seek “unique and authentic” Australian experiences.
China is Western Australia’s largest inbound market for visitor expenditure and sixth largest in visitor arrivals, with 57,000 Chinese visitors for the year ending Sept-2017. [more – original PR]