We recently caught up with think Chief Executive Office Peter McGregor, to discuss all things procurement. Mr McGregor has had over 20 years of experience in procurement, bringing a wealth of knowledge to our recent Melbourne corporate travel summit.
think is a leader in innovation in e-Procurement Software As A Service solutions and procurement services, specialising in the rapid deployment of e-Procurement and procurement initiatives.
In this discussion, Mr McGregor discusses his three key messages to the industry:
- Procurement is about a lot more than simply getting the best price;
- Travel is unique in a procurement perspective as a result of its idiosyncrasies and characteristics; and
- The procurement industry is ripe for disruption.
The CAPA-ACTE 2017 Adelaide Aviation & Corporate Travel Summit, scheduled for 1 September, at the Adelaide Rockford, will include variety of thought provoking discussions and keynote speeches just like this. To find out more or register click here.
More Like this
- Revenue and Growth – The upside for Sales and Account Management from understanding ProcurementMay 31, 2017
- It’s time to ‘change the game’ – Clarity Travel reveals travel buyer rulebook that redefines the rules for procuring business travelSeptember 12, 2019
- BCD Travel examines the implications of technology on sourcing in the corporate travel industry with release of first ‘Inform’ series paperAugust 22, 2018
- When air travel returns there are some aspects we hope won’t come back with it – the view of a disgruntled corporate travellerMay 4, 2020
- Egencia partners with Chrome River to provide one-click expense capabilitiesAugust 17, 2017
- New Corporate Travel Community takes off in AsiaJune 3, 2019
- Traveller wellbeing in the spotlight – one third of UK travellers claim their mental health has suffered due to business travelDecember 18, 2019
- Could the new Rest Assured Solutions suite from American Express Global Business Travel help solve the age-old problem of off-policy booking?February 28, 2020
- CTC Report: China domestic corporate travel volumes starting to reboundApril 17, 2020
- Corporate travel will bounce back, but there is a warning that ‘a portion of business travel will never return’April 16, 2020
- Coronavirus: Corporate demand had always rebounded after previous travel slumps, but new sustainability strategies mean there is now a new pathMarch 27, 2020
- Corporate travel delivers a competitive business advantage – companies with a strong travel culture are proved to be better equipped to innovateFebruary 18, 2020