- Hamilton-Abbotsford: Six times weekly service to launch on 20-Jun-2018;
- Hamilton-Halifax: Six times weekly service to launch on 20-Jun-2018;
- Hamilton-Edmonton: Six times weekly service to launch on 25-Jun-2018;
- Hamilton-Winnipeg: Six times weekly service to launch on 25-Jun-2018;
- Abbotsford-Edmonton: Three times daily service to launch on 25-Jun-2018.
The carrier will sell its first 2000 seats at CAD0 (plus taxes and fees) on launch routes. EVP of strategy Bob Cummings said: “Swoop is travel without the flair. Buy the seat and customise the features you want. Why would you jet with anyone else?” He added: “Today is the first day that a real ULCC is now available to Canadians”. Overall, the airline will operate 45 weekly frequencies with 189 seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft: 24 weekly frequencies from Hamilton and 27 from Abbotsford. [more – original PR]
WestJet EVP of strategy Bob Cummings stated Swoop plans to announce service into the US, Mexico and “potentially” the Caribbean in Jun-2018, once it has received regulatory approval (Bloomberg, 01-Feb-2018). Mr Cummings said: “We will aggressively go after the cross-border opportunity, which is quite significant”. As previously reported by CAPA, the carrier announced plans to launch service from Hamilton and Abbotsford on 20-Jun-2018. Mr Cummings added: “Part of the strategy of Swoop is for it to be complementary to WestJet. It made sense for us to start our network as largely Hamilton-based, with some Abbotsford. Over time, we will evolve and deploy into other markets”.