Each week the Blue Swan Daily brings you a snap shot of the key share and oil prices related to all things travel and aviation.
Monthly Share Price Snapshot:
Key news stories of the week
Qantas continued its share buy back, announced at the recent full year results meeting. The carrier plans on completing a AUD328 million (USD237 million) share repurchase allocation. Last week’s buy back included:
- 24-Sep-2018: 1,214,474 shares for a total consideration of AUD7.3 million (USD5.3 million);
- 25-Sep-2018: 622,315 shares for a total consideration of AUD3.7 million (USD2.7 million);
- 26-Sep-2018: 1,280,369 shares for a total consideration of AUD7.5 million (USD5.4 million);
- 27-Sep-2018: 1,170,153 shares for a total consideration of AUD6.8 million (USD4.9 million).
- 28-Sep-2018: 976,008 shares for a total consideration of AUD5.7 million (USD4.1 million).
On 27-Sep-2018, Alliance Airways achieved its highest share price in the airline’s history reaching AUD2.48 (USD1.79). The price coincides with a three year contract extension with United States luxury tour provider Tauck to support Tauck’s Australian itineraries including Melbourne, Uluru, Cairns and Sydney.
Oil Prices Update