Each week the Blue Swan Daily brings you a snap shot of the key share and oil prices related to all things travel and aviation.
Monthly Share Price Snapshot:
Key news stories of the week
Qantas continued its share buy back, announced at the recent half year results meeting. The carrier plans on completing a AUD378 million (USD297 million) share repurchase allocation. Last week’s buy back included:
- 12-Jun-2018: 510,229 shares for a total consideration of AUD3.3 million (USD2.5 million);
- 13-Jun-2018: 1,301,461 shares for a total consideration of AUD8.5 million (USD6.3 million);
- 14-Jun-2018: 1,085,536 shares for a total consideration of AUD7.1 million (USD5.3 million);
- 15-Jun-2018: 1,028,587 shares for a total consideration of AUD6.6 million (USD4.9 million).
Air New Zealand
Air New Zealand, via its 2018 Investor Day release, (13-Jun-2018):
- Forecast 2018 will be “another strong year”, despite the carrier absorbing over NZD100 million (USD70.3 million) in higher fuel expense. The carrier reaffirmed its full year outlook for 2018 net earnings before taxation to exceed the prior year, based on the current market conditions and despite the increase in fuel prices. The carrier has raised its 2018 fuel price forecast from USD71 per barrel in Feb-2018 to USD75 per barrel in the Jun-2018 outlook.
- Reported it has a 10 year shareholder return of 418%, and the carrier’s structural investments have “resulted in earnings stability that has significantly outperformed our [Asia Pacific] peers”.
Alliance Airways reached its highest share value since Apr-2013, with a value of AUD1.9 per share.
Oil Prices Update