Each week the Blue Swan Daily brings you a snap shot of the key share and oil prices related to all things travel and aviation.
Monthly Share Price Snapshot:
Key news stories of the week
Qantas continued its share buy back, announced at the recent half year results meeting. The carrier plans on completing a AUD378 million (USD297 million) share repurchase allocation. Last week’s buy back included:
- 04-Jun-2018: 663,679 shares for a total consideration of AUD4.2 million (USD3.2 million);
- 05-Jun-2018: 403,236 shares for a total consideration of AUD2.7 million (USD2.1 million);
- 06-Jun-2018: 751,922 shares for a total consideration of AUD4.7 million (USD3.6 million);
- 07-Jun-2018: 627,498 shares for a total consideration of AUD4.0 million (USD3.0 million);
- 08-Jun-2018: 639,991 shares for a total consideration of AUD4.1 million (USD3.1 million).
Air New Zealand and Qantas announced (01-Jun-2018) plans for a reciprocal codeshare agreement covering each carrier’s domestic networks. Tickets for the codeshare services will be available by the end of Jul-2018, for travel from 28-Oct-2018. Under the codeshare Qantas intends to add its code on up to 30 routes on Air New Zealand’s domestic network and Air New Zealand intends to add its code on up to 85 routes on Qantas’ domestic network. The carriers will also coordinated check in and handling at airports to offer shorter connection times, as well as “opening up more onward flights for customers on each carrier’s domestic networks and faster journey times overall”. Eligible customers will also have access to a combined total of 36 domestic lounges on both sides of the Tasman when flying on routes covered by the codeshare agreement. The codeshare and customer offering will exclude trans Tasman flights. Other potential areas of mutual interest and cooperation include ground handling, freight and biofuel. Qantas will continue to codeshare on all connecting Jetstar New Zealand services. Air New Zealand CEO Christopher Luxon said the codeshare will see the two airlines offer their customers a full service experience when they make domestic connections within New Zealand or Australia.
Oil Prices Update