Each week the Blue Swan Daily brings you a snap shot of the key share and oil prices related to all things travel and aviation.
Monthly Share Price Snapshot:
Key news stories of the week
Qantas began its share buy back, announced at the recent half year results meeting. The carrier plans on completing a AUD378 million (USD297 million) share repurchase allocation. Last week’s buy back included:
- 07-May-2018: 591,728 shares for a total consideration of AUD3.6 million (USD2.7 million);
- 08-May-2018: 336,462 shares for a total consideration of AUD2.1 million (USD1.6 million);
- 09-May-2018: 1,120,594 shares for a total consideration of AUD7.0 million (USD5.3 million);
- 10-May-2018: 667,768 shares for a total consideration of AUD4.2 million (USD3.2 million);
- 11-May-2018: 1,382,955 shares for a total consideration of AUD8.5 million (USD6.4 million).
The carrier has approx. AUD160 million (USD119.3 million) remaining under its share buy back authorisation.
Oil Prices Update