Each week the Blue Swan Daily brings you a snap shot of the key share and oil prices related to all things travel and aviation.
Monthly Share Price Snapshot:
Key news stories of the week
Qantas began its share buy back, announced at the recent half year results meeting. The carrier plans on completing a AUD378 million (USD297 million) share repurchase allocation. Last week’s buy back included:
- 23-Apr-2018: 667,437 shares for a total consideration of AUD4.0 million (USD3.0 million).
- 24-Apr-2018: 840,495 shares for a total consideration of AUD4.9 million (USD3.7 million);
- 26-Apr-2018: 934,322 shares for a total consideration of AUD5.5 million (USD4.1 million);
- 27-Apr-2018: 1,995,458 shares for a total consideration of AUD11.7 million (USD8.8 million).
Air New Zealand
Air New Zealand reported (27-Apr-2018) traffic highlights for Mar-2018:
- Passengers: 1.8 million, +8.6% year-on-year;
- Short haul: 1.5 million, +8.3%;
- Domestic: 1.2 million, +7.9%;
- Tasman/Pacific: 363,000, +9.6%;
- Long haul: 212,000, +11.0%;
- North America/UK: 124,000, +10.2%;
- Asia/Japan/Singapore: 88,000, +12.3%;
- Passenger load factor: 85.4%, +3.5ppts;
- North America/UK: 86.7%, +2.7ppts;
- Domestic: 86.3%, +2.4ppts;
- Long haul: 86.2%, +4.7ppts;
- Asia/Japan/Singapore: 85.3%, +7.5ppts;
- Short-haul: 84.5%, +2.2ppts;
- Tasman/Pacific: 83.4%, +2.1ppts;
- Year-to-date RASK: +2.4%;
- Short haul: +5.0%;
- Long haul: -1.7%.
According to CAPA Airline Traffic Database, Air New Zealand achieved its 21st consecutive month of passenger growth in Mar-2018.
Oil Prices Update