Recently, SITA released the results of its 12th annual Passenger IT Trends Survey, where it asked passengers to rate their satisfaction at every step of the journey. According to SITA and the results of the survey, today almost every passenger expects to manage their travel using a smart device and this is dictating the services they expect from airlines and airports.
Passengers are responding well to improved technologies, which is improving their overall satisfaction.
SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard believes baggage and biometrics are two areas in particular where investing in technology can deliver a better passenger experience. Mrs Dalibard continued: “Our survey this year shows that automated identity checks at passport control and boarding increase passenger satisfaction. It is encouraging that when passengers use biometrics they are even more satisfied with the experience. This demonstrates passenger acceptance of biometrics as a secure technology to deliver a seamless journey. It is very clear that most passengers are no longer deciding whether they should use technology but which technology they should use.”
More Like this
- Air passengers say they are happier when technology smooths their way through passport checksFebruary 28, 2019
- Cyber security and cloud services lead airline and airport USD33 billion annual investmentSeptember 11, 2017
- Tracking bags at check-in and aircraft helps drive significant improvement in baggage delivery, but transfers remain a ‘pinch point’ in the processApril 25, 2019
- Digital travellers are demanding more automation and hands-on control over each step of their journey; they will make up more than two thirds of the travel market by 2025September 4, 2019
- High Tech – investment in technology is enhancing passenger satisfactionSeptember 6, 2017
- Blockchain: Industry leaders weigh inApril 3, 2018
- SITA summit Part 1: Cybersecurity top priority for airlines and airportsApril 26, 2018
- ATPCO and Blockskye proof of concept will explore application of blockchain in airline offer managementSeptember 17, 2018
- Mobile is already helping improve passenger satisfaction when it comes to baggage, but travellers are still calling for more informationApril 2, 2019
- Five things you need to know now about…RoboticsDecember 21, 2017
- A road to revolution? NDC marks key milestones as Travelport concludes ‘first’ ticket sale and Skyscanner joins NDC ExchangeOctober 25, 2018
- Blockchain emerges as a priority technology for research among airlines and airports in 2018October 9, 2018