Singapore Airlines Group (SIA Group) announced (22-Nov-2018) plans to make the following operational changes between Apr-2019 and 2H2020 ahead of the merger of SilkAir into Singapore Airlines:
- Transfer from SilkAir to Scoot:
- Luang Prabang and Vientiane services in Apr-2019;
- Coimbatore, Trivandrum and Visakhapatnam services between May-2019 and Oct-2019;
- Changsha, Fuzhou, Kunming and Wuhan services between May-2019 and Jun-2019;
- Chiang Mai service in Oct-2019. Scoot already serves the destination;
- Kota Kinabalu service in Dec-2019;
- Balikpapan, Lombok, Makassar, Manado, Semarang and Yogyakarta services between May-2020 and Jul-2020;
- Transfer from Scoot to Singapore Airlines:
- Bengaluru service in May-2019 and Chennai service in May-2020. Singapore Airlines already serves both destinations;
- Transfer from Scoot to SilkAir:
- Shenzhen service in Jun-2019 and Kochi service in Oct-2019. SilkAir already serves both destinations;
- Other changes:
- Scoot will suspend Honolulu service in Jun-2019 due to “weak demand”;
- SilkAir will convert Mandalay service to seasonal, operating until Mar-2019 and then from Nov-2019 to Jan-2020.
The changes are subject to regulatory approvals. SIA Group said the changes “are the result of a detailed review to identify which airlines in the SIA Group portfolio are best suited to meet evolving customer demand”. Singapore Airlines CEO Goh Choon Phong commented: “The route review will strengthen the SIA Group for the long term, with the right vehicles in our portfolio of airlines deployed to the right markets”.