Qantas issued (18-Apr-2019) updated alternate arrangements for passengers affected by Jet Airways‘ suspension of operations. Key details include:
- Qantas will permit passengers affected by services prior to 05-May-2019, to reroute to Indian destinations with Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, SriLankan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, SilkAir and Singapore Airlines or on Qantas services operating via Bangkok or Hong Kong;
- Qantas will permit economy class passengers affected by services after 06-May-2019 to travel to Indian destinations with Malaysia Airlines and SriLankan Airlines. Passengers who were originally travelling via Hong Kong or Bangkok to connect on to a Jet Airways service, must now travel via Singapore using Malaysia Airlines or SriLankan Airlines;
- Business class passengers affected by services after 06-May-2019 are permitted to travel to Indian destinations with Malaysia Airlines. Passengers who were originally travelling via Hong Kong or Bangkok must now travel via Singapore using Malaysia Airlines;
- The carrier will permit passengers to use the value of their existing ticket to retain the value of their ticket in the form of a credit, to be used within the next 12 months;
- Qantas will additionally permit a change in destination, with fare difference payable by the passenger if the fare is of a higher value.