Average ticket price (ATP) to Perth from almost all major Australian cities has increased by up to 5% year-on-year, according to new findings released today by Carlson Wagonlit Travel, in conjunction with CAPA – Centre for Aviation.
Based on the year ending May-2017, the Business Travel Pulse, reported that of the top domestic routes to Perth, Brisbane was the only ATP which decreased.
Perth hosted the latest CAPA-ACTE Aviation & Corporate Travel Summit. The event gathered some 100 industry professionals including 30 travel buyers from some of Western Australia’s major mining companies, universities and government agencies.
Key highlights from the Business Travel Pulse – Perth
Airfare evolution: Average Ticket Price (Year on Year)
- Perth-Sydney ATP increase of between 1-5%;
- Perth-Melbourne ATP increase of between 1-5%;
- Perth-Singapore ATP decrease of between 1-5%;
Perth Network: Key new routes
- Tigerair Australia commenced four times weekly Perth-Brisbane services on 01-Jun-2017;
- Batik Air commenced twice daily Perth-Denpasar services on 22-Jun-2017;
- Qantas Airways to launch Perth-London (Heathrow) with Boeing 787-9 from 24-Mar-2018;
- China Eastern reviewing possibility of launching daily Perth-Shanghai services.
Hotel Room Rates for Melbourne in 2017:
- Occupancy Rate up 2% to 80.6%;
- Last room available rate decrease of 5%.
To download a copy of the report, please visit the following link.
Keep an eye out for future editions of the Business Travel Pulse within the Blue Swan Daily.
About the Business Travel Pulse
CAPA – Centre for Aviation and CWT Solutions Group presents the newest Business Travel Pulse, with a special focus on the Australian city of Perth. The report brings together key aviation and hotel data from both organisations to deliver informed opinion and in-depth analysis. With the aim of assisting corporate clients understand new trends and make educated decisions related to travel, the Business Travel Pulse is your new ticket to a simplified world of corporate travel.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel is a key partner of this year’s CAPA-ACTE Australasia events visit centreforaviation.com/events.