As the Blue Swan Daily reported on the 24-Jul-2017 (Introducing OAG’s on-time Performance Star Ratings) OAG have introduced a star rating for airlines and airports across the globe. Let’s take a look at the local airlines.
In order to achieve a star rating, airlines and airports must achieve a minimum of 75% on time performance. Of the major international carriers Jetstar was the only airline to not receive a star. Of the airports Melbourne, Nadi & Gold Coast all fell below 80% close to missing out on a star. No airlines or airports in the region received a 4 or 5 star rating.
More Like this
- Aircraft Deliveries 2017 – Blue Swan InfographicJune 13, 2017
- Blue Swan Exclusive Infographic: International Airline Activity – April 2017July 3, 2017
- Blue Swan Exclusive Infographic: New Zealand International Arrivals – May 2017June 28, 2017
- Blue Swan Exclusive Infographic – Australia just 1 stop equals 1,082 possibilitiesAugust 10, 2017
- Australia is well connected – Blue Swan Daily Exclusive InfographicJuly 20, 2017
- Blue Swan Exclusive Infographic: USA Tourism in Australia and New ZealandJune 7, 2017
- Australia now in the top ten countries by seat capacity to ChinaNovember 17, 2017
- The birds are at it again says ATSBAugust 24, 2017
- Lessors take lead as airline industry seeks growing capital investment needsMay 27, 2017
- Melbourne Airport snapshot – Blue Swan exclusive infographicAugust 24, 2018
- Check in! – hotel highlights across South PacSeptember 5, 2018
- Check in! – hotel highlights across South PacNovember 7, 2018