Orange City Council‘s welcomed (22-May-2019) the NSW Government’s decision to fund AUD1.5 million (USD1 million) towards a AUD2 million (USD1.4 million) upgrade at Orange Regional Airport. The upgrade includes the following three main elements:
- Secure undercover parking;
- 56 space undercover car park to be constructed in the space between the current car park and Aerodrome Road;
- The car park’s roof will also hold 200 solar panels to supply additional power to the airport. This will be one of the council’s biggest solar panels arrays;
- Shelter over terminal’s departure and arrivals doors;
- Extra features inside terminal;
- Workstations for business travellers, charging points, WiFi, improved lounges and larger digital display screens.