We are delighted to announce the launch of a vital new organisation for the corporate travel industry: The Corporate Travel Community (CTC). Headed by Dr Benson Tang, the CTC will convene “CTC Gatherings” (conference and expos) at Asia’s major cities, along with regular training events, workshops and social events, to support and advance the role of the corporate travel manager.
The CTC is an initiative of CAPA – Centre for Aviation, the leading aviation market intelligence and events provider.
“CTC’s mission is simple: to create a large and vibrant travel buyer community, to help travel managers progress in their day-to-day work. We will provide them with the best information, educational materials, data and opportunities to network. We aim to help travel managers to fine tune their travel programmes and take them to a new level in their professional careers,” said Corporate Travel Community Executive Director, Dr Tang.
There will be CTC Gatherings in three Asian cities this year comprising expo, conference and networking elements, rising to five next year in the major corporate travel hotspots of China, India, Japan, Singapore and Hong Kong.
The Corporate Travel Community aims to fill a gap in the large and fast-growing Asia region.
“Corporate Travel spend in Asia has been estimated at over USD500 billion, and travel buyers across Asia are hungry for information, especially in emerging markets, as technologies and industry standards evolve”, said Peter Harbison, CAPA Chairman Emeritus.
“Following our launch of BlueSwanDaily.com to provide news and analysis for corporate travel and wider travel audiences, we are delighted to launch the CTC initiative to bring corporate travel managers together under an exciting new brand and the leadership of the region’s passionate corporate travel leader, Benson Tang”.
Membership of the Corporate Travel Community will be free and limited to corporate travel managers/buyers via CTC’s new home: corporatetravelcommunity.com
CTC Membership opens a wealth of resources to travel managers, including:
- Training events and professional certification;
- Daily industry newsletters and breaking travel news updates, via BlueSwan Daily: BlueSwanDaily.com
- Data tools, dashboards and analytics for helping run airline and hotel RFP processes;
- ‘How-to’ guides and other handy resources for day-to-day successful travel management;
- Free access to the CTC Gatherings (expo/conferences) in Asia’s major cities, to see latest product/technology demonstrations, participate in education sessions and network with industry and thought leaders;
- Free access to join CTC’s, education workshops, webinars, training seminar and private events across Asia, for learning and networking with peer travel managers;
- Social gatherings and opportunities to serve on buyer councils;
- Opportunities to be considered for CTC Annual Buyer Awards, named at the CTC Asia Gathering.
The Corporate Travel Community’s buyer members, which we expect to build beyond 1,000 through the course of this year, will be variously gathering at the following extensive calendar of flagship CTC Asia Gatherings in Japan, India, China, Singapore and Hong Kong, as well as training seminars and educational workshops. Many of these events will be open to participation by corporate travel industry suppliers and are an ideal networking and education platform.