It has set out to “reimagine and simplify the travellers’ experience,” and now Mesmo.me has launched a new app, Mesmo, available for iOS and Android. After a successful beta launch with numerous partner hotels, top activity suppliers and users, the app aims to help travellers experience cities around the world like a local while uncovering a variety of activities to gain access to hotel rewards.
Mesmo claims that it can deliver a product to travellers that shuts out all the noise to discover a destination’s real gems in what a crowded market inundated with overly negative and positive traveller reviews. The app offers its users a new way to feel like local in any city by finding the best things to do, easily book tickets to gain access to a plethora of events and activities and earn rewards all in one place.
“We aimed to build an app that makes it possible for a traveller to find people’s top 10 local recommendations in a couple of clicks. Mesmo focuses on the community, allowing the user to save time searching and making it easier for them to keep track of places they want to experience,” explains Alex Balkin, founder of Mesmo.
But what is that makes the Mesmo app different from the many others already established in the market. According to the company this all comes down to its key features, which include:
- A decluttered and trusted way to get recommendations – Mesmo provides only community driven top recommendations available for any city;
- An ability for users to write their own recommendations for places they love in their home town or have encountered in their travels;
- Users can earn points by making great recommendations and then tag and share them with friends and family, effectively becoming a personal city guide;
- An In-app ability to book tickets for the most popular activities, attractions, and museums;
- Mesmo Community Hotel Rewards: exclusive hotel deals for the Mesmo community at partner hotels.
“One of our most exciting features is that users can book partner hotels directly on the hotel site, bypassing big, expensive online travel sites and passing on savings of up to 10% to the guest,” explains Mr Balkin on the hotel collaboration.
Since it’s launch, Mesmo has increasingly added a growing number of hotels to its list of partners. The most recent addition is the Barcelo Hotel Group. In total, 40 hotels in Spain, Portugal, and France are currently on board, and that translates to additional reward opportunity for Mesmo users. Additionally, the app allows users to compare rates in over 800,000 hotels worldwide.