The CAPA Melbourne Aviation & Corporate Travel Summit offers a unique blend of high level aviation content and corporate travel management insights and best practices. It will take a deep dive into the issues of juggling business needs with availability, such as how to calibrate the costs of managing travel against the supply of air seats and rooms, as well as the impact of mega events on the economy and what it means for the travel manager.
One of the key agenda highlights includes a keynote discussion from Air Canada General Manager, Australia and New Zealand Vic Naughton. In a Blue Swan Daily exclusive, we recently caught up with Vic to discuss his presentation, Air Canada’s services to Australia (including its new year round Vancouver-Melbourne service), and the importance of the corporate market for the airline.
Keynote – Air Canada’s pathway to being a global champion
Air Canada in our region
Air Canada recently confirmed plans to resume its three times weekly Vancouver-Melbourne Tullamarine service with Boeing 787-9 equipment on 01-Jun-2018. The service will operate year round and is expected to complement existing Vancouver-Brisbane and Vancouver-Sydney services. Air Canada is the only North American airline to fly into these three Australian cities, with Mr Naughton confirming the airline’s “commitment and investment into this market in Australia is huge” and despite additional capacity is still seeing year-on-year growth.
Importance of the corporate market
According to Mr Naughton the corporate market plays an important role in the success of Air Canada’s Australia routes. Take a look at what Air Canada is doing for its corporate clients and how its targeting key customers in Australia.
Don’t miss out on this important event
Additional agenda highlights include Helloworld CEO and MD Andrew Burnes sharing his vision for the future of the travel industry and Australian Grand Prix Corporation CEO Andrew Westacott providing a unique case study on the net positive benefits for the state of Victoria of running a major event.
Other key topics include:
- CAPA’s Melbourne aviation markets outlook for corporates
- Fireside chat with Helloworld CEO Andrew Burnes
- Delta’s transformation story
- The aviation outlook and implications for the corporate travel market
- The impact of virtual payments on your accommodation spend
- The outlook for accommodation in Melbourne
- Disruption in the air – how Airly is pioneering a new form of bespoke business travel
- Unlocking value for both corporations and travellers: meeting customers’ expectations in the MEL corporate market
- Australian Grand Prix Corporation Presentation
Register your attendance at mel18.capaevents.com