Melbourne Tullamarine Airport reported (19-Oct-2018) the following operational highlights for Aug-2018:
- 3.1 million passengers handled, +5.2% year-on-year;
- International passengers: 941,642, +10%;
- Domestic passengers: 2,163,342, +3.1%;
- 1.9 million passengers handled on international services for the first two months of FY2018/2019, +8.8%;
- More than 10% passenger increase during the 12 months ended Aug-2018;
- Cebu Pacific launched nonstop service to Manila;
- 39 airlines operating at the airport in total.
Melbourne Airport CEO Lyell Strambi commented: “Our international network is growing at an unprecedented rate and we’re in a great position to be able to facilitate connections all over the world. It is our aspiration to take tourism, freight and trade opportunities to another level through building a third runway, which would allow us to cater to around 100 aircraft movements per hour, up from 50 an hour, which we currently service”.