Jetstar introduced changes to baggage fees, effective 15-Aug-2017 (stuff.co.nz/news.com.au, 15-Aug-2017).
- In Australia, the carrier increased its fee for baggage checked-in at airports on the day of departure from AUD50 to AUD60 (USD39.31 to USD47.17), for any item up to 15kg checked. Any items above the 15kg limit will attract an additional fee of AUD15 (USD11.79) per kg;
- In New Zealand, the carrier reduced its fee for baggage checked-in at airports on the day of departure NZD70 to NZD60 (USD51.11 to USD43.81) for domestic flights and from NZD160 to NZD100 (USD116.80 to USD73.00) for international flights.
More Like this
- Virgin Australia implements carry on baggage limit enforcementDecember 12, 2018
- Nassau Airport to increase security screening charge by USD2 in 2020December 9, 2019
- Qantas urges passengers to arrive two hours early due to new security measuresJuly 31, 2017
- Jetstar introduces infant fee on domestic and international servicesMay 16, 2017
- Air New Zealand increases card fees for international airfares, reduces domestic feesFebruary 18, 2020
- Jetstar Airways launches additional carry on baggage ancillaryNovember 26, 2019
- Tracking bags at check-in and aircraft helps drive significant improvement in baggage delivery, but transfers remain a ‘pinch point’ in the processApril 25, 2019
- Ryanair to adopt new carry on baggage policy on 15-Jan-2018January 12, 2018
- Airline fuel surcharges? … What airline fuel surcharges?September 26, 2018
- Japan Airlines to extend reservation for domestic fares up to 330 days prior to depatureJune 7, 2019
- Virgin Australia: Australia’s carriers offer a ‘ladder of different products and services’August 18, 2017
- United Airlines to increase baggage fees for first, second checked bagsFebruary 25, 2020