Jetstar introduced changes to baggage fees, effective 15-Aug-2017 (stuff.co.nz/news.com.au, 15-Aug-2017).
- In Australia, the carrier increased its fee for baggage checked-in at airports on the day of departure from AUD50 to AUD60 (USD39.31 to USD47.17), for any item up to 15kg checked. Any items above the 15kg limit will attract an additional fee of AUD15 (USD11.79) per kg;
- In New Zealand, the carrier reduced its fee for baggage checked-in at airports on the day of departure NZD70 to NZD60 (USD51.11 to USD43.81) for domestic flights and from NZD160 to NZD100 (USD116.80 to USD73.00) for international flights.
More Like this
- Virgin Australia implements carry on baggage limit enforcementDecember 12, 2018
- Qantas urges passengers to arrive two hours early due to new security measuresJuly 31, 2017
- Jetstar introduces infant fee on domestic and international servicesMay 16, 2017
- Ryanair to adopt new carry on baggage policy on 15-Jan-2018January 12, 2018
- Tracking bags at check-in and aircraft helps drive significant improvement in baggage delivery, but transfers remain a ‘pinch point’ in the processApril 25, 2019
- Airline fuel surcharges? … What airline fuel surcharges?September 26, 2018
- Japan Airlines to extend reservation for domestic fares up to 330 days prior to depatureJune 7, 2019
- Virgin Australia: Australia’s carriers offer a ‘ladder of different products and services’August 18, 2017
- Tourism Research Australia: Domestic travellers accounted for 73% of tourism spend in FY2016-17April 9, 2018
- The changing face of Australian business travel – miles are up, but prices are downNovember 5, 2018
- Jetstar partners with payment platform Afterpay to offer interest free repaymentsSeptember 14, 2017
- Thailand to waive visa fees for travellers from 21 countries in Dec-2018/Jan-2019: reportNovember 7, 2018