The Blue Swan Daily brings you a wrap up of the months key hotel news, including:
- Hilton reports 2Q2017 results, raises full year outlook
- AccorHotels groups Travel Keys, Squarebreak and onefinestay under onefinestay brand
- EVEN Hotels, the dedicated hotel wellness brand, set to open in New Zealand in 2020
- Flight Centre Travel Group completes acquisition of Bespoke Hospitality Management Asia
- Gold Coast Airport expects first onsite hotel to open in 2019
- Sydney Airport opens new Mantra Hotel at T2/T3 Domestic precinct
- Adelaide Airport’s Atura Hotel commences construction
- Beu’s Pet Hotel at Adelaide Airport to open on 28-Aug-2017
Hilton reports 2Q2017 results, raises full year outlook
Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. reported (26-Jul-2017) its 2Q2017 results. Example highlights include:
- Diluted EPS from continuing operations for the second quarter was USD0.51 and diluted EPS, adjusted for special items, was USD0.52, an increase of 30% from 2Q2016 on a pro forma basis;
- Net income for the second quarter was USD167 million;
- Adjusted EBITDA for the second quarter was USD519 million, an increase of 10% from pro forma Adjusted EBITDA for 2Q2016;
- Added 13,400 net rooms in 2Q2017, representing approximately 30% growth year-on-year;
- Approved 27,400 new rooms for development during 2Q2017, representing 15% growth year-on-year;
AccorHotels grouping of Travel Keys, Squarebreak and onefinestay under onefinestay brand
AccorHotels announced (26-Jul-2017) the grouping of Travel Keys, Squarebreak and onefinestay with the intention to integrate the three companies under the onefinestay brand before the end of 2017. The integration of the three hospitality organisations will result in over 10,000 properties available via the brand. Recently appointed onefinestay CEO Javier Cedillo-Espin stated: “We are hugely excited about the global development potential for our network. Our guests are always asking for more places where they can enjoy our professional hospitality and concierge experience and the integration of these 3 innovative brands is the answer.”
EVEN Hotels, the dedicated hotel wellness brand, set to open in New Zealand
InterContinental Hotels Group and Pro-invest Group announced (26-Jul-2017) the first signing of an EVEN Hotels property in New Zealand. EVEN Hotel Auckland is scheduled to open in 2020 and is the first of the brand to be signed outside of North America. The EVEN Hotels brand includes fitness facilities, in-room exercise zones and fresh and organic foods, as well as bedrooms with plush bedding and aromatherapy amenities, intended to encourage a good night’s sleep and lighting profiles that energise and relax.
Flight Centre Travel Group completes acquisition of Bespoke Hospitality Management Asia
Flight Centre Travel Group announced (24-Jul-2017) it has formally completed the acquisition of Asia based hotel management company Bespoke Hospitality Management Asia. The acquisition, which was first announced on 07-Jul-2017, is the organisation’s first investment in the accommodation sector.
Gold Coast Airport expects first onsite hotel to open in 2019
Gold Coast Airport COO Marion Charlton revealed the proposed onsite hotel is expected to open by 2019 (Tweed Daily News, 20-Jul-2017). Ms Charlton added: “We’re looking at a four star hotel with up to eight floors and anywhere up to 180 rooms”. As previously reported by CAPA, the hotel will be the first onsite accommodation facility for the airport and will be located within the commercial precinct
Sydney Airport opens new Mantra Hotel at T2/T3 Domestic precinct
Sydney Airport officially opened (19-Jul-2017) the onsite Mantra Hotel on 19-Jul-2017. The eight storey, 136 room hotel, is located within the T2/T3 domestic precinct with views overlooking the runway. MD and CEO Kerrie Mather stated this hotel will “meet the need for additional hotel accommodation” at Sydney Airport, “providing even more value and choice for our customers – whether they want a convenient place to stay close to the airport or an easy commute to the CBD”.
Adelaide Airport’s Atura Hotel commences construction
Adelaide Airport announced (11-Jul-2017) construction work commenced on the 165 room Atura Hotel, located adjacent to the airport’s domestic and international terminal. The AUD50 million (USD38 million) hotel will be developed and operated by Event Hospitality & Entertainment Ltd (EVENT) over the next 18 months, scheduled to complete in Dec-2018. Airport MD Mark Young said: “Atura Hotel will be a focal point of our long term vision to create an easy, seamless connection between our aeronautical activities and our planned Airport Business District”. Passengers will have direct access from the hotel to the airport’s check-in area on level 2.
Beu’s Pet Hotel at Adelaide Airport to open on 28-Aug-2017
Adelaide Airport, via its official Twitter account, retweeted (24-Jul-2017) reports that Beu’s Pet Hotel at the will open on 28-Aug-2017. Operated by Guide Dogs SANT, the organisation that provides guide dogs services to support people with disability, all profits from the hotel will be donated back into the organisation.