The Blue Swan Daily is live at the 2018 CAPA Melbourne Aviation and Corporate Travel Summit. Catch up on some of the most thought-provoking discussions and keynotes from the morning sessions. Below is a snap shot of key quotes from some of our honoured guests in attendance discussing what is affecting the industry in this part of the world.
CAPA – Centre for Aviation Strategic Advisor Virginia Fitzpatrick:
- Over 40 airlines from Asia have more than 700 aircraft on order with the range to service Melbourne.
Helloworld Travel CEO and MD Andrew Burnes:
- GDS companies are struggling to get ahead of the game in terms of delivering technology in the corporate space;
- On the biggest challenge for corporate travel: “Technology is a key part of our business however technology changes are fought with issues”;
- Airport capacity will be a major issue in Asia Pacific moving forward. This infrastructure constraint limits tourism growth potential.
Air Canada GM Australia and New Zealand Vic Naughton:
- “We are now a major player in Aus market. We are the only North American carrier serving Australia’s three major cities, we are investing a lot in this market. We’re serious about it”;
- “Air Canada currently has four key priorities: International expansion; revenue growth & cost reduction; customer engagement; and culture change.
Delta Air Lines GM Australia/New Zealand & Virgin Australia Joint Venture Clare Wheatley:
- We reinvest 50% of ever dollar we make into improving customer experience.
Avalon Airport AU CEO Justin Giddings:
- The leisure market makes up about 60-70% of our business. The remainder is split between corporate and student travel;