Avolon CEO Dómhnal Slattery stated Hainan Airlines plans to launch Beijing–Dublin service with final government approvals pending (Irish Independent, 23-Sep-2017). The planned route has been in development for over 12 months. Mr Slattery also noted that Ireland needs to significantly expand its diplomatic presence in China if it is to capitalise on opportunities the country presents.
“The size of our representation, diplomatically, in China is de minimis”, he said. “(Denmark‘s) trade and diplomatic representation is about 100 times larger than Ireland’s. That’s just not good enough. There are 1.4 billion people in China who want to drink Irish milk and eat Irish meat. We need to be the primary supplier there”.
More Like this
- Irish Government welcomes planned reform of Dublin Airport charges to put ‘consumers first’September 22, 2017
- Irish Commission for Aviation Regulation issues Dublin Airport passenger charges capNovember 16, 2017
- Aer Lingus continues trans-Atlantic expansion and adds Philadelphia to its Dublin departure boardOctober 5, 2017
- Air Canada takes MAXimum advantage of aircraft range and performance advancementsSeptember 18, 2017
- Northern European cities continue to dominate as most liveable locations for European expatriates, but Dublin shines with ranking riseFebruary 15, 2019
- Irish Govt mulls possibility of third, independently managed terminal at Dublin AirportJune 26, 2018
- New report suggests privatisation for Ireland’s airport terminals, but Dublin aside, are they big enough to get investor attention?October 29, 2018
- Malaysia Airlines searches for second-hand A330s to support regional growth opportunitiesJune 23, 2017
- Hainan Airlines to launch first direct service from Beijing to Dublin and Edinburgh in Jun-2018March 16, 2018
- Aer Lingus to launch direct Dublin-Seattle service in May-2018November 20, 2017
- Ryanair boosts its flying from Dublin HQ, but where are its fastest growing markets?August 30, 2017
- SAS confirms Málaga and London Heathrow bases for new SAS Ireland subsidiaryJuly 1, 2017