Avolon CEO Dómhnal Slattery stated Hainan Airlines plans to launch Beijing–Dublin service with final government approvals pending (Irish Independent, 23-Sep-2017). The planned route has been in development for over 12 months. Mr Slattery also noted that Ireland needs to significantly expand its diplomatic presence in China if it is to capitalise on opportunities the country presents.
“The size of our representation, diplomatically, in China is de minimis”, he said. “(Denmark‘s) trade and diplomatic representation is about 100 times larger than Ireland’s. That’s just not good enough. There are 1.4 billion people in China who want to drink Irish milk and eat Irish meat. We need to be the primary supplier there”.
More Like this
- Irish Government welcomes planned reform of Dublin Airport charges to put ‘consumers first’September 22, 2017
- Irish Commission for Aviation Regulation issues Dublin Airport passenger charges capNovember 16, 2017
- Aer Lingus continues trans-Atlantic expansion and adds Philadelphia to its Dublin departure boardOctober 5, 2017
- Air Canada takes MAXimum advantage of aircraft range and performance advancementsSeptember 18, 2017
- Ryanair to use Boxever data to better target customersApril 19, 2019
- Northern European cities continue to dominate as most liveable locations for European expatriates, but Dublin shines with ranking riseFebruary 15, 2019
- New report suggests privatisation for Ireland’s airport terminals, but Dublin aside, are they big enough to get investor attention?October 29, 2018
- Check in! – latest hotel highlights from across EMEAMarch 27, 2019
- As four of Ireland’s small airports receive government financial support, it is crystal clear that the deal could save Waterford from extinctionJune 28, 2019
- Irish Govt mulls possibility of third, independently managed terminal at Dublin AirportJune 26, 2018
- It’s a slow and steady walk for Great Dane Airlines as it attempts to put underserved Aalborg on the mapJune 27, 2019
- Malaysia Airlines searches for second-hand A330s to support regional growth opportunitiesJune 23, 2017