As part of our continued review of global alliances (see An in-depth look at global alliances), The Blue Swan Daily brings you a snapshot of SkyTeam. This alliance was established in 2000 by Aeroméxico, Air France, Delta Air Lines and Korean Air. On 22-Jun-1999, Air France and Delta Air Lines signed an exclusive long-term strategic agreement that laid the foundations for a major global alliance. One year later, the CEOs of Aeromexico, Air France, Delta Air Lines and Korean Air met in New York to announce the formation of SkyTeam.
In terms of market share, Star Alliance is the second largest global alliance in the world with 17.3% of total seats. SkyTeam includes 21 members from around the globe. In 2017, SkyTeam partner’s capacity included over 912 million seats, touching 177 countries, 1,173 airports and 4,965 city pairs. With over 3,595 aircraft currently in operation.
More Like this
- SkyTeam’s new SkyLink Digital Spine technology to deliver enhanced customer experience as it prepares for CEO switchJune 5, 2018
- The global alliances join together with one voice in call on governments and stakeholders for extraordinary support for their member airlinesMarch 18, 2020
- Saudia pursues closer links with SkyTeam membersDecember 20, 2018
- There’s a digital outlook as Star Alliance brings a new smile to its connecting partner model, Oneworld closes in on new connect members, but SkyTeam keeps a focus on technologyJune 3, 2019
- Global Alliance Review: Value Alliance & U-Fly AllianceFebruary 2, 2018
- SkyTeam shifts its focus to technology and offering passengers a seamless digital experienceJuly 11, 2019
- Reports on the demise of airline alliances are being greatly exaggeratedJune 10, 2017
- Flying Blue loyalty scheme reinvented to ‘better meet customer expectations’November 8, 2017
- Americas Global Capacity Recap – July 2018July 13, 2018
- EMEA Global Capacity Recap – July 2018July 13, 2018
- South Pac Global Capacity Recap – July 2018July 13, 2018
- Tarom releases RFP for long-haul aircraft as it eyes China and USA routesAugust 8, 2017