We recently caught up with Melbourne Tullamarine Airport SVP commercial – aviation Ryan Both, at the CAPA Melbourne Aviation & Corporate Travel Summit, to talk all things tourism, aviation and future opportunities.
Mr Both believes there is “good business travel demand” and a “very strong propensity to travel” in Melbourne’s aviation market. Mr Both said there is a room for multiple airports to operate in Melbourne, describing the market as “a story of success, not a story of competition”, but affirmed that Tullamarine plans to retain its role as the city’s primary hub. He noted that unlike most primary airports in multiple airport cities, Tullamarine is not capacity constrained, adding “we have twice as much land as Heathrow” and can expand its capacity to 100 million passengers p/a.
During our discussion, Mr Both attracting domestic and international markets to Melbourne, future opportunities for additional routes including the ever-important China market, and why the US remains a key focus.
More Like this
- Your weekly travel and aviation Quote-aApril 20, 2018
- Airport Insight: Melbourne Tullamarine AirportMay 22, 2018
- Check in! – hotel highlights across South PacMarch 13, 2018
- Melbourne Airport plans for its future passenger growth with continued technology transformationJune 6, 2019
- Your weekly travel and aviation Quote-aJuly 14, 2017
- Melbourne Summit Exclusive – Air Canada’s pathway to being a global championMay 21, 2018
- Malaysia Airlines increases its Melbourne flights following AirAsia X’s move to Avalon February 25, 2019
- Qantas talks innovation and partnerships at the ACTE-CAPA Global Conference SydneyDecember 5, 2017
- Highlight reel: CAPA Latin America Aviation Summit in CartagenaSeptember 14, 2017
- Sneak peek: What makes CTM Founder and MD Jamie Pherous tick? Find out in NovemberOctober 30, 2017
- Andrew McEvoy: Adelaide can sustain capacity growth by tapping into inbound travellersAugust 24, 2017
- SkyTeam shifts its focus to technology and offering passengers a seamless digital experienceJuly 11, 2019