The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the EMEA region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the EMEA market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the following month.
Here are the key executive changes for June-2018:
- ANA Airports of Portugal appointed Thierry Ligonnière as CEO. Mr Ligonnière replaces Carlos Lacerda, who was appointed SAP Portugal VP.
- Small Planet Airlines Poland announced the appointment of chairman Vytautas Kaikaris to the position of CEO on 11-Jun-2018, following the resignation of Jarosław Jeschke due to health reasons. Bartosz Czajka was appointed deputy CEO, effective immediately.
- Ireland’s Minister for Transport, Tourism and Sport Shane Ross TD formally approved the appointment of Basil Geoghegan as chairman of daa plc.
- SHS Aviation appointed Johan Maerten as CEO of VLM Airlines, succeeding chief operating officer Carl Runge as accountable manager on 15-Jun-2018.
- Air Greenland appointed Kjeld Zacho Jørgensen as chairman.
- Austrian Airlines‘ supervisory board approved the appointment of Alexis von Hoensbroech as CEO, succeeding Kay Kratky from 01-Aug-2018.
- Air Seychelles appointed Charles Johnson as chief commercial officer and Sandy Benoiton as chief operations officer on 20-Jun-2018.
- Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) named VP of strategy and R&D Brigadier General Nimrod Sheffer as CEO on 21-Jun-2018.
- Virgin Atlantic appointed Shai Weiss as CEO designate, effective 01-Jan-2019, replacing Craig Kreeger.
- Deutsche Lufthansa AG announced (27-Jun-2018) the following executive changes:
- Lufthansa Group head of corporate internal and audit division Frank Bauer to succeed Jörg Beissel as Eurowings MD and CFO from 01-Sep-2018;
- Jörg Beissel to become new Lufthansa EVP.
- Egypt’s Ministry of Civil Aviation appointed Ahmed Adel as EgyptAir Holding chairman, replacing Safwat Musallam. Mr Adel was previously assistant chairman. The ministry also appointed Tarek Fawzi as Egyptian Airports Company president, replacing Mohamed Salam Meselhi, and Ahmed Fawzy Abdul Azim as Cairo Airport Company chairman, replacing Magdy Ishaq.
- Bremen Airport reported Elmar Kleinert took up the position of CEO, effective 01-Jul-2018.
- Swissport announced Eric Born plans to step down as group president and CEO, effective late Dec-2018.