The travel, tourism and aviation industries in the EMEA region witness policy and upper level changes on a daily basis. It is important to not only keep tabs of these organisations direction, but to also monitor changes in executive branches to see the wider picture of the travel market. The Blue Swan Daily will keep you informed of these movements each month, with a full wrap of the key changes in the EMEA market, while also looking forward to key appointments announced for the last month.
Here are the key executive changes for July 2019;
- Air France appointed Steven Zaat as EVP finance and member of the executive committee, replacing Marc Verspyck effective 03-Jul-2019;
- Mango appointed Nico Bezuidenhout as CEO, effective 01-Oct-2019. fastjet Group deputy CEO Mark Hurst, will become acting CEO;
- Norwegian appointed CFO Geir Karlsen as interim CEO, effective 11-Jul-2019, replacing Bjørn Kjos;
- Ryanair COO Peter Bellew plans to stop down before the end of 2019. easyJet confirmed Peter Bellew will join the carrier as chief operating officer;
- South Africa’s Public Enterprises Minister Pravin Gordhan announced South African Airways chairman Johannes Bhekumuzi Magwaza resigned, effective from the end of Jul-2019;
- Qazaq Air appointed Plamen Atanassov as CEO;
- Munich Airport appointed Jost Lammers as CEO, effective 01-Jan-2020. Mr Lammers succeeds Michael Kerkloh, who plans to retire on 31-Dec-2019.