American giant Southwest Airlines tops the list as the largest Low Cost Carrier in the world by seats, grabbing a whopping 11.50% of the total market share of LCCs globally. Of the top 20 LCCs, the spread across world is quite even with: the Americas contributing seven airlines; EMEA also seven: and Asia-Pacific with six.
LCC’s global market share in 2008 was 18.36%, fast forward to 2018 and the percentage is 29.83. This equates to a growth of 11.47 percentage points in a decade.
Top 20 Low Cost Carriers by seats w/c 10-Sep-2018
A variety of analytical data tools for managing and interpreting industry trends is available to CAPA Members. Tools include:
- Route Capacity Analyser – look up future and historic seat capacity per airline on any non-stop route worldwide;
- Rankings – create listings of the largest to smallest airlines/airport/routes by capacity;
- Traffic Benchmarking – compare airline/airports in terms of their monthly and annual traffic results;
- Fleet Analytics – look into future deliveries by airline/country/region, look up in-service and on-order aircraft by manufacturer/ aircraft type;
- LCCs – displays LCC capacity share growth over the past 10 years by country/ region;
- Codesharing – find the codeshare agreements for all airlines operating to a specific country/airport.
To find out more, visit centreforaviation.com