Premium economy continues to be a key opportunity for airlines all over the world. More and more airlines have introduced this important class of service into their aircraft to improve yields and assist with competitive load factors.
Airlines continue to introduce and evolve their premium economy products with the aim of drawing passengers up from lower-yielding economy seats.
In this week’s “Did you know?”, we take a closer look at the boom in the number of premium economy seats available to travellers
Accumulated premium economy seat growth volume 1990-2018
Year-on-year premium economy growth percentage
A variety of analytical data tools for managing and interpreting industry trends is available to CAPA Members. Tools include:
- Route Capacity Analyser – look up future and historic seat capacity per airline on any non-stop route worldwide;
- Rankings – create listings of the largest to smallest airlines/airport/routes by capacity;
- Traffic Benchmarking – compare airline/airports in terms of their monthly and annual traffic results;
- Fleet Analytics – look into future deliveries by airline/country/region, look up in-service and on-order aircraft by manufacturer/ aircraft type;
- LCCs – displays LCC capacity share growth over the past 10 years by country/ region;
- Codesharing – find the codeshare agreements for all airlines operating to a specific country/airport.
To find out more, visit centreforaviation.com