Business Class continues to be a key opportunity for airlines all over the world. More and more airlines are investing and growing this important class of service improving yields and assist with competitive load factors.
The demand for business class is also growing, forcing airlines to constantly provide new and improved products and services.
In this week’s “Did you know?”, we take a closer look at the boom in the number of business class seats available to travellers.
Accumulated global business class seat growth volume 1990-2018
Year-on-year global business class growth percentage
A variety of analytical data tools for managing and interpreting industry trends is available to CAPA Members. Tools include:
- Route Capacity Analyser – look up future and historic seat capacity per airline on any non-stop route worldwide;
- Rankings – create listings of the largest to smallest airlines/airport/routes by capacity;
- Traffic Benchmarking – compare airline/airports in terms of their monthly and annual traffic results;
- Fleet Analytics – look into future deliveries by airline/country/region, look up in-service and on-order aircraft by manufacturer/ aircraft type;
- LCCs – displays LCC capacity share growth over the past 10 years by country/ region;
- Codesharing – find the codeshare agreements for all airlines operating to a specific country/airport.
To find out more, visit centreforaviation.com