The fast growing travel manager grouping, The Corporate Travel Community (CTC), has revealed two newly formed councils of travel managers covering the Australasia and Asia markets..
The regional councils consist of 23 senior corporate travel executives from leading organisations and multinational blue-chip corporations from Australasia and across Asia comprising India, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Greater China including Hong Kong. Together, these corporations spend approximately USD7 billion annually on corporate travel globally.
Speaking to The Blue Swan Daily during the current CTC-CAPA Corporate Travel Gathering – Australia in Sydney, CTC, executive director, Dr Benson Tang explained that the CTC Asia Council and CTC Australasia Council members had been “hand-pick” based on their “combination of in-depth local market knowledge and experience, making them an integral asset to CTC”.
“They will each play an instrumental role in defining and shaping CTC’s direction and continued growth. By helping to identify buyers’ pain-points, facilitating solutions and recommending future developments and improvements, the Councils will drive CTC to ensure we achieve our mission of empowering a new community of travel managers,” he added.
The CTC Australasia Council comprises:
- Pru Popple – Category Manager Travel, New Zealand Government
- Rahul Marwah – Procurement Manager, Australia and Volkswagen Group Australia
- Stephanie Maisano – Global Procurement Travel and Expense, Transurban
- Ama Aidoo-Sam – Strategic Procurement Director Oceania, CANON Australia
- Jen Barclay – Head of Procurement, NARTA International
- Jody Barrett – Global Travel Manager, AECOM
- Siobhán Foley – Global Strategic Partnership Lead, Accenture
- Simone Gibbs – Travel Category Manager, Blackmores
- Karina Harris – Procurement Regional Head Asia Pacific, BP
- Matthew Hayes – Global Travel & Expense Category Manager, BHP
- Andrew Shadwick – Travel and Expense Category Manager, Australian Broadcasting Commission
The CTC Asia Council comprises:
- Geetha Arekal – Head – Mobility Services Supply Chain Management
- Rajdev Bhattacharya – Corporate Travel Management, Aviation Sales & Operations, Travel Technology
- Sawako Hidaka – Executive Director, Asia Society Japan Center
- Claire (Hee Young) Kang – Purchasing and Travel Manager, International Vaccine Institute
- Professor Brian King – Associate Dean & Professor, School of Hotel & Tourism Management, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Hansang Lee – Head of NPM Purchasing, Continental Korea
- Kelvin Li – Director, Controls and Business Processes, Asia Pacific | Regional Procurement & Travel Lead, AECOM
- SherLi Lim – Travel Manager, Oldendorff Carriers GmbH & Co.
- Michael Molloy – Category Leader – Travel and Expense Management, Procurement, Rio Tinto
- Adriana Nainggolan – Corporate Travel Management Professional, Autodesk
- Sha Tao – Senior Procurement Manager, Personal Business and Mobility Cluster Lead, Philips Global Procurement, China
- Yasuaki Yoshihara – General Manager, Insurance Solutions Dept/Travel Management Dept. Corporate Workplace Solutions Division, Sony Corporate Services.
CTC aims to provide an effective platform to ensure travel managers and buyers keep up with industry innovations. CTC’s series of targeted professional development tools, gatherings, education workshops, training sessions, private and social events provide members with unparalleled opportunities to learn about new developments, connect with thought leaders and network with peers.
“It’s great to see so many new faces, as well as seasoned travel managers on our Asia and Australasia Councils. It’s the perfect blend of experience and enthusiasm and we look forward to working with our travel managers to deliver great content and education,” added Catherine Craig, CTC’s global head of corporate travel relations.