The City of Sydney’s sustainability programme has been recognised around the world as a leader in improving the impact industries have on the environment. The programme’s latest idea is to tackle the growing impact of accommodation providers by asking corporate travel buyers to include rating requirements in RFPs.
City of Sydney sustainability engagement manager Pip Harley recently spoke at the CAPA-ACTE Global Summit & Corporate Lodging Forum and explained what buyers and accommodation providers can do to improve their footprint.
The Blue Swan Daily also caught up with Pip on the sidelines of the forum to delve further into this important programme.
To find out more visit cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au.
More Like this
- Social impact in the travel and aviation industry – gender diversity, Indigenous affairs, environment and moreMarch 27, 2019
- BLOG: Live from Sydney – insights from the CAPA Australia Pacific Aviation & Corporate Travel SummitAugust 2, 2018
- BLOG: Live from Perth – insights from the CAPA Perth Aviation & Corporate Travel SummitJuly 4, 2018
- WIN WIN WIN – Calling all corporate travel buyers!November 15, 2018
- Melbourne Summit Exclusive – Air Canada’s pathway to being a global championMay 21, 2018
- BLOG: Live from Singapore – insights from the CAPA Asia Aviation & Corporate Travel SummitsNovember 9, 2018
- BLOG: Live from Seville – insights from the CAPA Low Cost Long Haul Global SummitOctober 5, 2018
- Qantas talks innovation and partnerships at the ACTE-CAPA Global Conference SydneyDecember 5, 2017
- Global megatrends are fundamentally changing the way we live, work and travel; they are shaping new imperatives for the travel and tourism sectorJanuary 29, 2019
- Uber says the future of business travel is seamless and expenselessJanuary 17, 2018
- The ‘Doha Declaration 2020’ – CAPA and Qatar Airways urge for greater industry collaboration to deliver a sustainable future frameworkFebruary 7, 2020
- Melbourne and Sydney set for modest hotel rate rises, but strong pipeline could see Brisbane and Perth levels slipJuly 30, 2019