China Southern Airlines and American Airlines requested (30-Nov-2018) the US Department of Transportation (US DoT) amend their authorisation to allow them to engage in reciprocal codesharing on flights between the US and China. The carriers have also requested the DoT expedite treatment of this application and grant a waiver of the 45 day advance filing requirement and the 30 day advance notice requirement for the new codeshare services, as they plan to begin new codeshare services on the additional routes as soon as possible. Requested codeshare authorisations comprise:
- American Airlines operated routes:
- Dallas/Fort Worth to Beijing and Shanghai;
- Los Angeles to Beijing and Shanghai.
- China Southern operated routes:
- Guangzhou and Shenyang to Los Angeles;
- Guangzhou and Wuhan to San Francisco;
- Guangzhou and New York JFK.