The Blue Swan Daily brings you a round up of some of the latest hotel news from across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts enters Denmark in collaboration with Comwell Hotels
- Brown Hotels adds to its Israeli portfolio built on ‘a devotion to service, design, innovation, style and authenticity’
- From Latin America to Manchester, Selina brings a twist to the UK accommodation sector
- Hotelbeds adds Luxair to its growing airline portfolio
- Courtyard by Marriott Oxford City Centre opens its doors
- Latest industry news and developments
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts enters Denmark in collaboration with Comwell Hotels
Leading hotel franchising company Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has signed an exclusive agreement with Comwell Hotels that will see them open multiple hotels under the Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham brand in Denmark. The collaboration, which marks Wyndham’s first entry in the country, will initially include two openings in Copenhagen and Aarhus. The Comwell Copenhagen Portside, Dolce by Wyndham is expected to open in 2021. The new-built hotel will be located in Trælastholmen, in the vibrant district of Nordhavn. The Comwell Aarhus, Dolce by Wyndham is centrally located in Aarhus, Denmark’s second-largest city. The 240-room property is currently open and will be re-flagged.
Brown Hotels adds to its Israeli portfolio built on ‘a devotion to service, design, innovation, style and authenticity’
Tel Aviv-born hotel group Brown Hotels has revealed plans to open seven new properties in 2019 and 2020 in key cities across Israel, including Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Ashdod. The new hotels range from upscale and five-star to affordable alternatives including capsule hotels. These comprise:
- The 27-room Dave Levinsky, part of its affordable brand, Dave Gordon, has just had its soft opening in Tel Aviv’s hottest up-and-coming neighbourhood;
- The Bauhaus-inspired The Theodor, situated at the beginning of the bustling Rothschild Boulevard is set to open in the fall of 2019 and will include 34 spacious rooms and suites, as well as a private garden and a restaurant;
- The 200-room Hotel BoBo, its largest property to date, will occupy a former office tower known as ‘Menorha Mivtachimn’ located on Yavne Street at the crossroads of the prestigious Rothschild Boulevard;
- The Deborah Brown, located at 87 Ben Yehuda Street, marks the transformation of the former Deborah Tel Aviv hotel into a full-service, luxury design hotel;
- The Brown JLM, set to open in spring 2020, located at the very centre of Jerusalem, close to its old city walls, will introduce the contemporary urban style of the Brown Hotels Collection to the ancient city;
- The WOM Allenby is the first of a new brand of pod-style hotels and located at Allenby Street, a block away from Tel Aviv’s beach promenade. The hotel opened on 01-Sep-2019 and offers 48 stylish, private and modern pod rooms in both single and double-occupancy arrangements.
- The Brown Machneyuda, located on the corner of Kol Israel Haverim and Yafo Street, adjacent to the famous Mahane Yehuda Market, will be the brands most refined Jerusalem property, opening in spring 2020 with 113 rooms.
In addition to the new hotel openings across 2019/2020, Brown Hotels will expand The Lighthouse Tel Aviv to offer a further 60 guest-rooms, a conference centre, a subterranean bar/lounge, gym & spa complex and rooftop pool. Looking beyond 2020, Brown Hotels aims to will grow its portfolio with four more properties in Israel, seven properties in Greece, three in Germany and one hotel in London by 2023.
From Latin America to Manchester, Selina brings a twist to the UK accommodation sector
Selina has opened its first UK property, the 37-room, 132-bed Selina NQ1 in Manchester. Located in the city’s Northern Quarter, the property is housed in a restored Victorian building and offers varied accommodation across a mixture of categories including lofts, suites, standard and micro-sized double rooms, and a number of “community shared” rooms for between three and eight guests, all with “a quirky Latin-American twist, offering something new and unique to the accommodation sector in the city”.
Hotelbeds adds Luxair to its growing airline portfolio
Hotelbeds has announced a partnership with Luxair Luxembourg Airlines, the flag carrier of Luxembourg, to deliver its proprietary dynamic packaging platform for Luxair’s City Break product. This will include a curated accommodation inventory of +7,000 hotels across Luxair’s twenty European destinations, and will act as merchant providing fulfilling services to the airline’s customers. To complement the Luxair City Break Dynamic Packaging offering, this agreement will also include a standalone hotel-only white-label platform operating as a tab on the home page of Luxair – plus cross-sell via other touchpoints such as email confirmation, manage by booking page, and more. This deals adds to the over 40 airlines that currently partner with Hotelbeds.
Courtyard by Marriott Oxford City Centre opens its doors
Marriott International has formally opened its Courtyard by Marriott Oxford City Centre property, tucked away between waterways and boasting panoramic views of the UK historic city. The 140-room hotel is located in a peaceful setting on the city’s Paradise Street and cultural sites such as the historic Oxford Castle and Prison as well as The Ashmolean – the University of Oxford’s museum of art and archaeology – lie within walking distance, alongside historic pubs and the city’s growing restaurant scene. For business travellers, the property also includes one 14 square metre meeting room. The addition of Courtyard by Marriott Oxford City Centre brings the brand’s footprint in Europe to over 60 hotels. Further openings are anticipated over the next couple of years in key growth markets including Germany, UK and France, as well as new markets including Armenia and Iceland.
Teneo Hospitality Group has added 50 luxury hotels and resorts to its international lsportfolio. The new additions include independent properties, small luxury brands, and premium brands under the Radisson and Accor flags, including Radisson Blu, Radisson Blu Edwardian and Pullman Hotels, as well as the recently announced The Dedica Anthology collection.
Air India has issued an RFQ for the provision of accommodation for cabin crew at a three star or above hotels in London under the terms of a three year contract effective 11-Dec-2019. The deadline for the RFQ is 22-Sep-2019 and it has a requirement for approximately 36 rooms per day.
Hoist Group has been selected as the provider for the booking system, locks, WiFi network, and TV services by Apartment hotel Kide Ltd. This comprehensive package will be implemented for KIDE Hotel by Iso-Syote, which is currently under construction in Northern Finland and expected to open in Nov-2019.
Hilton’s luxury collection brand LXR Hotels and Resorts will expand its portfolio following the opening this month (Sep-2019) of the Biltmore Mayfair (formerly the Millennium Mayfair) in London. It says the property will open from 09-Sep-2019, but that its signature restaurant, The Betterment, and the Pine Bar will not be open to the public until 19-Sep-2019, while its in-house gym will open at the end of Sep-2019.