The Blue Swan Daily brings you a round up of some of the latest hotel news from across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Hilton signs management contract for new build hotel in Rome
Hilton has signed a management agreement with long standing partners Icarus SpA to open Hilton Rome Eur – La Lama. Construction is already underway on the new build hotel, which includes 439 guest rooms within an architecturally distinctive structure known as ‘La Lama’ (The Blade).
Hilton Rome Eur – La Lama is in Rome’s Eur district, in the south of the city. The neighbourhood has undergone extensive redevelopment in recent years and is a vibrant business hub with large corporate headquarters situated in the area, such as Poste Italiane, Eni and ACEA. It will also have direct access via a concourse to the Roma Convention Centre, which opened in 2016 and has elevated the city’s reputation as a corporate travel destination.
Radisson Collection in final countdown to make its Polish debut in Warsaw
Radisson Hotel Group will bring its Radisson Collection brand to the Polish capital of Warsaw in May-2019. Currently undergoing a remarkable transformation, the Radisson Collection Hotel, Warsaw will be another addition to the group’s portfolio of premium lifestyle properties. Located in the heart of the city, this property becomes part of a select group of 25 hotels to have joined Radisson Collection since last year.
Originally a Radisson Blu property, a major capital investment to upgrade and rebrand the existing property to the one-of-a-kind parameters of the Radisson Collection is now nearing its conclusion. The hotel will feature 311 rooms and suites, a significantly upgraded modern lobby, lounge and open-plan communal areas – as well as a restaurant venue.
Situated in Warsaw’s business district, the property is close to the city’s Financial Center and the eye-catching Rondo ONZ Tower, making it an ideal base for corporate travellers attending meetings in the city. There will also be an abundance of historical and cultural attractions nearby.
TUI Group expands its activities in the Cape Verde Islands
TUI Group is set to expand its portfolio of owned hotels in the Cape Verde Islands with the addition of a new resort. The first TUI Magic Life club in the island state off the west coast of Africa will be developed in the island of Boa Vista.
The extensive resort is located directly on the Praia de Chaves beach and will feature 575 rooms. It is scheduled to open in the 2021/22 Winter season. TUI’s portfolio in Cape Verde will thus grow to seven owned hotels.
Apart from five Riu hotels, the first Robinson Club is currently being built in the island of Sal. The travel brand also operates the TUI Sensimar Cabo Verde Resort & Spa concept hotel in the island.
Tourism is the country’s number one growth driver. The government has recognised the importance of the sector and is planning to further expand the offering over the next few years. TUI Group is one of the country’s key travel partners – its customers already account for more than one third of all visitors to Cape Verde, numbering around 350,000 annual arrivals.
- Radisson Hotel Group has announced the signing of the first Radisson branded hotel in Bursa, Turkey. The agreement with the Turkey-based real estate and construction company IHY Gayrimenkul İnşaat Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. increases the Radisson Hotel Group’s portfolio in Turkey to 25 hotels and more than 4,600 rooms in operation and under development. The hotel is scheduled to open its doors in Q4 2020.
- Russia‘s Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev signed a decree dated 16-Feb-2019, on the introduction of a compulsory hotel star rating system. The measure is expected to support the development of domestic and inbound tourism and enhance the competitiveness of accommodation services.
- Arborea Resort, a new hotel brand aimed at encouraging guests to come together and share holiday experiences of nature, sports and discovery has formalised interior and design guidelines for its first property, Arborea Marina Resort Neustadt, with interior architecture studio JOI-Design. The property is located on the beach at the Baltic Sea’s largest private marina. The brand’s owner has ambitious plans to have 19 new resorts in the next decade. All the Arborea resorts will be “carved from wood” and share “the same values, yet feature different details individually adapted for their respective locations”.
- H-Hotels Group plans to launch a ‘Doublebrand’ hotel construction project at Duesseldorf Airport. The project entails construction of one 237 room budget hotel and one 264 room business hotel, both with access to conference facilities, 700 parking spaces and 18,000sqm of separate office areas. The Doublebrand opening is scheduled in 2024.
- Israeli hotel group Dan Hotels has acquired three hotels from Israel’s Rimonim Hotel Group to help “fill a gap” in the Dan Hotel geographical portfolio . The purchase involves the Rimonim Eilat Hotel (formerly the Neptune), the Rimonim Spring Hotel in Nazareth and the boutique-style Ruth Rimonim Hotel in the heart of the ancient town of Safed. Four additional Rimonim properties may be added to the Dan Hotel chain in the coming months: one in the Negev Desert, two in Tiberias on the shore of the Sea of Galilee and one in the Golan Heights.