The Blue Swan Daily brings you a round up of the latest key hotel news from across the South Pacific.
Hamilton Airport Hotel to receive upgrade by end of 2019
Hamilton Airport Hotel will undergo an upgrade, with work due for completion by the end of 2019 (stuff.co.nz, 18-Feb-2019). Works include a new restaurant, conference centre and accommodation to be run by Jet Park Hotel Hamilton Limited.
Sydney Airport outlines plans to enhance aeronautical and non-aeronautical capacity
Sydney Airport reported (21-Feb-2019) plans to enhance its infrastructure and invest for capacity growth. This will include investment in the following key infrastructure:
- 78 room expansion of Ibis Budget hotel to provide additional capacity for on-airport accommodation, due for completion in mid-2019;
- Addition of a new 430 room hotel delivering additional capacity and choice for on-airport accommodation.
Accor unveils new lifestyle loyalty program
Accor recently announced a disruptive and dramatic shift of its loyalty program into a fully integrated global platform integrating rewards, services, and experiences across our entire ecosystem to bring value everyday life whether you work, live or play. This new lifestyle loyalty program will recognise, understand, cherish, communicate with and reward guests like never before giving access to “ALL of Accor”. It will open doors across a unique and iconic portfolio of over 30 hotel brands as well as an unrivalled collection of bars, restaurants, nightclubs and “money can’t buy” experiences.
The new guest promise of this new lifestyle loyalty program will address four strategic stakes:
- Introducing new premium status to reward our most loyal members
- Enriched benefits according to our augmented hospitality strategy
- A worldwide connected experience to earn and burn points across the broadest range of brands in the industry and a New digital app delivering value across work, live & play.
- Partnerships and experiences: Far beyond the stay, partnerships anchors ALL in member’s day-to-day, on the move and everywhere. Following an extensive study, three main passion points resonate with our loyalty members: Entertainment, Dining and Culinary & Sports.