The Blue Swan Daily brings you a round up of the latest key hotel news from across the South Pacific.
- AccorHotels announce new-build hotel in Malvern, VIC – The Sebel Melbourne Malvern to open late November;
- Wellington Airport reports half year operational highlights, Rydges Hotel nearing completion.
AccorHotels announce new-build hotel in Malvern, VIC – The Sebel Melbourne Malvern to open late November
AccorHotels, together with owners Dalmeera Group, announced a new-build internationally branded apartment-style hotel is coming to Malvern, Victoria and scheduled to open in late November. The Sebel Melbourne Malvern will add 98 serviced apartment-style rooms to Malvern’s limited accommodation supply. Spanning 17 floors, the property boasts 46 one-bedroom suites, 36 two-bedroom suites and 4 three-bedroom suites, all complete with full kitchen and laundry facilities. Featuring an executive lounge, fitness centre, jacuzzi, and an expansive sun-drenched outdoor recreation terrace complete with BBQ facilities. The ground floor space is home to retailers and restaurants, leased to external operators. Located 8km south-east of Melbourne’s CBD, Malvern is an inner-city suburb oozing with charm – offering quaint cafes, deli’s and boutiques as well as larger shopping precincts housing major department stores. Malvern offers plenty of leafy streets, regal buildings and spacious parks like Central Park and Malvern Urban Forest, with easy access to the CBD, with a train station and three tram routes.
Wellington Airport reports half year operational highlights, Rydges Hotel nearing completion
Wellington International Airport reported (25-Oct-2018) the following operational highlights for the six months ended 30-Sep-2018:
- Passenger traffic up 4.7% year-on-year;
- NZD47.5 million (USD31 million) invested in developments including a new multi level transport hub;
- Commenced upgrade of the airport’s existing main terminal space, including new retail and F&B outlets;
- NZD300 million (USD195 million) to be invested in total over the next five years to improve and expand aeronautical and passenger facilities;
- Rydges Hotel nearing completion, due to open by the end of 2018;
- New domestic services to popular tourist destinations including Queenstown, Rotorua and Nelson;
- Jetstar and Air New Zealand significantly increased capacity to Queenstown, resulting in a 50% increase in demand on the route. Air New Zealand also increased services to Tauranga and Rotorua and will commence Wellington-Brisbane service in mid Dec-2018;
- Virgin Australia announced plans to launch Wellington-Sydney service in late Oct-2018;
- Fiji Airways to introduce new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft from Dec-2018. Qantas and Jetstar will also operate additional frequencies to Sydney and the Gold Coast over summer 2018/2019;
- The ‘Quieter Homes’ programme received a high uptake and noise insulation improvements to households continue to be rolled out.