The Blue Swan Daily brings you a round up of the latest key hotel news from across the South Pacific.
- Star breaks ground on Dorsett Hotel and Star Residences Gold Coast;
- Regis Hotels & Resorts slated to debut In Melbourne, Australia;
- Westin Hotels & Resorts announces the Appointment of Huang Xuan as new well-being brand advocate of Greater China.
Star breaks ground on Dorsett Hotel and Star Residences Gold Coast
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced that works have started on the AUD400 million Dorsett Hotel on the Gold Coast. The 53-storey tower will feature 316 hotel rooms and 423 one and two bedroom apartments with direct access to the Star. “One thousand, eight hundred people will be involved building the Dorsett,” the Premier said. “Another 500 will run it in addition to the 2,900 already working at the Star. The Premier turned the first sod along with Star Entertainment officials, its partners Chow Tai Fook Enterprises and Hutchinson Builders.
St. Regis Hotels & Resorts slated to debut In Melbourne, Australia
St. Regis Hotels & Resorts announced the signing of The St. Regis Melbourne, marking the first hotel in Australia for the luxury brand. Owned by Century Group Aus, this new-build hotel is slated to open in 2022 and will be located in the heart of Melbourne amidst distinct architecture and a dynamic arts scene. St. Regis Hotels & Resorts Global Brand Leader Lisa Holladay said: “Melbourne’s vibrant mix of world-class dining, art galleries and rich history makes it an ideal destination for the debut of the iconic St. Regis brand in Australia. We are delighted to be working with Century Group Aus to open The St. Regis Melbourne and offer our guests impeccable service and exquisite experiences in Australia.” The 33-storey Flinders Bank will house the St. Regis Melbourne across levels 2 to 11 and include 168 luxuriously appointed guestrooms and suites, all of which will offer sweeping views of the Yarra River or city skyline.
Sydney announced as part of Sheraton’s ‘Heart for the City’ tour
Sheraton Hotels has kicked off its “Heart for the City,” a global experiential tour that will travel to seven cities, bringing to life unique characteristics that define the culture of each destination. As a part of its transformation efforts, the brand is embracing its local roots and celebrating hotels that are steeped in history and play significant roles in their local neighbourhoods. The tour kicks off today with a 1,500 person grand opening event at the Sheraton Saint-Hyacinthe Hotel (Québec, Canada), with subsequent events below:
- October 4, 2018: Sheraton Seattle Hotel (Seattle, Washington)
- November 7, 2018: Sheraton Cairo Hotel & Casino (Cairo, Egypt)
- November 15, 2018: Sheraton Grand City Hyde Park (Sydney, Australia)
- December 2018: Sheraton Santos Hotel (Santos, Brazil)
- Q1 2019: Sheraton Grand Bengaluru Whitefield Hotel & Convention Center (Bengaluru, India)
- Q2 2019: Sheraton Beijing Lize (Beijing, China)