Cebu Pacific reported (20-Sep-2017) the highest passenger market share on the Manila-Sydney route, based on data from Australia‘s Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics. Details include:
- 44% of passenger market share during first five months of 2017;
- 175,782 passengers handled on all carriers, +12% year-on-year;
- 14,039 passengers handled, +33% year-on-year;
- 32,017 passengers handled on all carriers, +11% year-on-year;
- May-2017: 950 tons, +88% year-on-year;
- Jan-2017 to May-2017: 4064 tons, +54% year-on-year.
Cebu Pacific VP for marketing and distribution Candice Iyog added: “We’re thrilled to see steady results as this maintains our position as the key player on the Sydney-Manila route… Australia is one of our strongest international performers and we continue to see enormous growth and opportunities in the region”. Cebu Pacific is the only LCC operating on the route and plans to increase frequency from five times weekly to daily for southern summer, effective 01-Dec-2017. [more – original PR]