Caribbean Tourism Organization stated (17-Oct-2018) there is a rising demand for St Kitts as a leisure destination and US and Canada carriers have taken note of the increased “impetus for the island by providing additional flight options for travellers”. St Kitts Minister of Tourism Lindsay Grant stated: “It is a testament to the strong relationships that the St Kitts Ministry of Tourism together with the St Kitts Tourism Authority have built with the airlines that has led to this additional service”.
- American Airlines increased Miami-Saint Kitts frequency from seven to 12 times weekly following the normal seasonal hiatus, with those flights having returned as of 03-October-2018;
- Delta Air Lines plans to resume weekly New York JFK-Saint Kitts service effective 17-Nov-2018 and twice weekly Atlanta-Saint Kitts from 26-Dec-2018;
- United Airlines plans to resume twice weekly New York Newark-Saint Kitts service effective 09-Jan-2019, doubling 2017 frequency;
- Air Canada plans to resume weekly Toronto-Saint Kitts service “earlier this year” effective 03-Nov-2018;
- Sun Country plans to launch weekly Minneapolis-Saint Kitts service effective 22-Dec-2018 to 20-Apt-2019. [more – original PR]