The CAPA World Aviation Summit, held in conjunction with the CAPA Global Aviation Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner, will provide an aviation market outlook for the Europe, Asia, Middle East and Americas regions and review the commercial and operational pillars that will drive airline strategic decision-making in 2019.
Hosted by Berlin Airports, the Summit will welcome a diverse array of airline leaders to discuss the thriving German aviation market – Europe’s second largest – as well as the strategic challenges the industry is facing in the year ahead.
To introduce proceedings, CAPA – Centre for Aviation will provide an in-depth, big picture overview of the global aviation outlook. This will be followed by presentations on the global macroeconomic, travel and geopolitical environment and interactive panel discussions and debates on industry specific issues such as:
- The growth and sustainability of low cost long haul airlines, including the establishment of low cost brands by full service carriers and the role of new long range narrowbodies in driving market expansion
- Navigating through changing operating and regulatory conditions in a post Brexit world
- Partnerships, alliances and JVs
- The transformation of airlines into global retailers
- Leveraging data, AI and new technologies for greater customer engagement (and revenues)
- Understanding the impact and role of new disruptive players in the distribution ecosystem
In his first CAPA appearance, Deutsche Lufthansa AG Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Carsten Spohr, will deliver the summit’s keynote, focusing on the growth and direction of Europe’s largest airline group.
Amid tough operating conditions Lufthansa Group, which operates multiple airlines across many market segments and national geographies, has managed to deliver record profits and passenger numbers in 2017. But its outlook for 2018, which predicts a slightly lower result, highlights that change is a constant in the airline industry.
CAPA Global Aviation Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner
The Summit will also feature the global edition of the CAPA Aviation Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner, awards which have recognised strategic leadership in the aviation industry since 2002.
Regarded as the pre-eminent awards ceremony for strategic aviation excellence, the CAPA Aviation Awards are intended to reward airlines, airports and individuals that are not only successful but have also provided industry strategic leadership in an always changing environment. The awards are not driven by customer surveys or sponsorship and are researched by an independent panel of judges. Award categories include CAPA Airline of the Year, CAPA LCC of the Year and CAPA Airport of the Year.
To find out more or register click here!