Canberra Airport outlined (28-Aug-2019) the following key objectives in its 2020 Master Plan:
- Establish the strategic direction for the efficient and economic development of the airport over the next 20 years as well as to outline detailed development objectives for the next five years;
- Develop Canberra Airport as a multi-modal transport hub for passenger and freight connections;
- Work with existing and future airline and airfreight partners to significantly grow inbound and outbound aviation operations so as to increase productivity and the economic dividend to regional communities;
- Provide for the development of additional aviation and other uses of the airport site;
- Reduce potential conflicts between uses and users of the airport site, and to ensure that uses of the airport site are compatible with the areas surrounding the airport;
- Develop the airport in sympathy with the broader region by responding to the needs of the community, both in terms of delivering flights, jobs, and business opportunities as well as minimising the impact of noise pollution;
- Being in a position to meet the needs of Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport users, including overflow of domestic and international passenger and freight services.