Bitcoin sits at around USD6360 at reporting time, a 3% increase in the last 24 hours – however, USD43 billion has been wiped out of the crypto market in the last five days.
Not all is bad in the crypto world. Despite Bitcoin seeing a rather harsh bear market recently, there is still a high volume of trading for the currency. BitMEX, a relatively new exchange, exceeded a one million Bitcoin record for trading volumes in a 24 hour period.
BitMEX cofounder and CEO Arthur Hayes said: “Once again meeting our own record of 1 million Bitcoin traded within 24 hours is a major milestone for the crypto-coin market and testament to the strong community BitMEX is growing. In continuously engaging with, and truly listening to, the needs of our customers, we’ve recognized an overwhelming demand for innovative financial products that give the crypto market greater versatility”.
Stay updated here with how the cryptocurrency is tracking:
More Like this
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin falls below USD6000 as cryptocurrency sell-off continuesAugust 15, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto makes mild recovery, looks to hold above USD6500August 10, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Entire cryptocurrency market loses 20% of its value over the last 2 weeksAugust 9, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto drops to three week low while JPMorgan CEO remains criticalAugust 7, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin falls to USD6700 while SEC delays ETF proposalAugust 8, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Goldman Sachs predicts further declinesAugust 6, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – BitMEX CEO and Co-founder predicts Bitcoin to reach USD50,000 by year endMay 16, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – BitMEX CEO still expects Bitcoin to rise to USD50,000 by the end of 2018July 3, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Keep an eye on the cryptocurrency taking the world by stormJanuary 23, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Ripple surges and dives in a 24 hour periodMarch 6, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Bitcoin rallies as New York approves new app for crypto tradingJune 19, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Coinbase takes further steps to becoming regulatedJune 8, 2018