Bitcoin sits at around USD6360 at reporting time, a 3% increase in the last 24 hours – however, USD43 billion has been wiped out of the crypto market in the last five days.
Not all is bad in the crypto world. Despite Bitcoin seeing a rather harsh bear market recently, there is still a high volume of trading for the currency. BitMEX, a relatively new exchange, exceeded a one million Bitcoin record for trading volumes in a 24 hour period.
BitMEX cofounder and CEO Arthur Hayes said: “Once again meeting our own record of 1 million Bitcoin traded within 24 hours is a major milestone for the crypto-coin market and testament to the strong community BitMEX is growing. In continuously engaging with, and truly listening to, the needs of our customers, we’ve recognized an overwhelming demand for innovative financial products that give the crypto market greater versatility”.
Stay updated here with how the cryptocurrency is tracking:
More Like this
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin rallies close to USD7000, but ‘stablecoins’ see disruptionOctober 16, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin falls below USD6000 as cryptocurrency sell-off continuesAugust 15, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Weekend positive with 80% of top 20 currencies in the greenSeptember 24, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin briefly spikes to two week high, BitMEX sees DDoS attackAugust 23, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin holds around USD6500, India unveils first crypto ATMOctober 17, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin holds steady, Australia adopts new crypto payment method for billsAugust 22, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Winklevoss twins eye Europe in potential expansion of Gemini exchangeSeptember 25, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Google to reenable crypto advertising in the US, JapanSeptember 28, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto makes mild recovery, looks to hold above USD6500August 10, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto remains range bound over the last week, volatility drops to 14 month lowAugust 21, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin tests USD6500, most altcoins showing recoveryAugust 20, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Entire cryptocurrency market loses 20% of its value over the last 2 weeksAugust 9, 2018