Goldman Sachs’ incoming CEO David Solomon has previously said he aims to add more Bitcoin and cryptocurrency services to the investment firm’s portfolio. However, the Goldman Sachs 2018 midyear economic outlook report suggests BTC will continue on a downward trajectory for the foreseeable future.
The report notes BTC price has declined 45% so far in 2018. “We expect further declines in the future given our view that these cryptocurrencies do not fulfill any of the three traditional roles of a currency”, Goldman Sachs said, adding they are neither a medium of exchange, a unit of measurement, nor a store of value. Cryptos represent 0.3% of global GDP, Goldman Sachs estimates.
Stay updated here with how the cryptocurrency is tracking:
More Like this
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto drops to three week low while JPMorgan CEO remains criticalAugust 7, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin falls below USD6000 as cryptocurrency sell-off continuesAugust 15, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Major cryptos mildly increase following heavy losses in past weeksAugust 13, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto makes mild recovery, looks to hold above USD6500August 10, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Entire cryptocurrency market loses 20% of its value over the last 2 weeksAugust 9, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin falls to USD6700 while SEC delays ETF proposalAugust 8, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – ex-Goldman Sachs president: We will have a global cryptocurrency at some pointMay 9, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Cryptos jump up to 10% following positive news and developments of the weekJuly 18, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Goldman Sachs weighs in on Bitcoin phenomenonJanuary 24, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Goldman Sachs CEO: It’s too ‘arrogant’ to say Bitcoin won’t have a futureJune 22, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Bitcoin climbs and eyes USD10,000May 4, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Wall St’s first Bitcoin trading operation could be set up very soonMay 3, 2018