Bitcoin held at a valuation around USD6700 over the weekend, reaching a peak of USD6777.
However, speaking to CNBC, Fundstrat Global Advisors cofounder Tom Lee stuck to his forecast of Bitcoin reaching USD20,000 by the end of 2018.
Mr Lee said: “I do think in 2018, trading has shifted”, referencing the fact that there is more Bitcoin trading in the US as certain crypto exchanges have attracted hedge funds. “I do think hedge funds are playing a role right now”, Mr Lee added.
Stay updated here with how the cryptocurrency is tracking:
More Like this
- Bitcoin Watch – Weekend positive with 80% of top 20 currencies in the greenSeptember 24, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Can Bitcoin turn the crypto market from bear to bull?August 17, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Winklevoss twins eye Europe in potential expansion of Gemini exchangeSeptember 25, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Is the next bull run really coming?October 1, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin rallies close to USD7000, but ‘stablecoins’ see disruptionOctober 16, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin falls to USD6700 while SEC delays ETF proposalAugust 8, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto makes mild recovery, looks to hold above USD6500August 10, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Entire cryptocurrency market loses 20% of its value over the last 2 weeksAugust 9, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto drops to three week low while JPMorgan CEO remains criticalAugust 7, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: New crypto and blockchain roles support US employmentOctober 19, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin tests USD6500, most altcoins showing recoveryAugust 20, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto remains range bound over the last week, volatility drops to 14 month lowAugust 21, 2018