Bitcoin has held steady over the last 24 hours and is trading at USD6470 at reporting time.
However, in a strong move towards cryptocurrency adoption, a new partnership will allow bills in Australia to be paid with digital tokens.
Cointree, which already has a cryptocurrency bill payment feature, will partner with Gobbill, a digital finance management company. Gobbill will act as the intermediary and collect funds and settlle bills on behalf of the user, with funds loaded into the Cointree wallet. Bills can be paid in Bitcoin, Ripple and up to 40 other cryptocurrencies.
Gobbill CEO Shendon Ewans said: “We anticipate a surge in the number of customers who would like to pay their bills in crypto in the coming years. Our partnership with Cointree will cater to this market and ensure Gobbill continues to remain ahead of the curve when it comes to allowing our users to pay their bills automatically, while knowing they’re protected from fraud and scams”.
Stay updated here with how the cryptocurrency is tracking:
More Like this
- Bitcoin Watch: Major cryptos mildly increase following heavy losses in past weeksAugust 13, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin briefly spikes to two week high, BitMEX sees DDoS attackAugust 23, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Crypto holds at USD6700 over the weekend, bulls still bullish on year-end forecastAugust 27, 2018
- Corporate Traveller partners with BitPay to accept cryptocurrency payments from its SME customersApril 16, 2019
- Bitcoin Watch: Entire cryptocurrency market loses 20% of its value over the last 2 weeksAugust 9, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin tests USD6500, most altcoins showing recoveryAugust 20, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin falls below USD6000 as cryptocurrency sell-off continuesAugust 15, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Weekend positive with 80% of top 20 currencies in the greenSeptember 24, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Can Bitcoin turn the crypto market from bear to bull?August 17, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin rallies close to USD7000, but ‘stablecoins’ see disruptionOctober 16, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch: Bitcoin holds around USD6500, India unveils first crypto ATMOctober 17, 2018
- Bitcoin Watch – Google to reenable crypto advertising in the US, JapanSeptember 28, 2018